Cooking tips of Rice Puttu
Step 1: Soak rice for about 2 hours. Drain the water completely and dry the wet rice in a cool place and grind it to coarse powder.
Step 2: In a pan heat the rice powder for 3-4 minutes but do not roast and let it cool.
Step 3: In a large bowl, take the powder and sprinkle water on the flour (Be careful in mixing water. The perfect combination of water and rice powder gives the good result).
Step 4: Add salt to taste and mix it well. (It should be a bread crumb consistency and not form a dough).
In a Puttu Kutti (Puttu making vessel easily available in the market) add 2 cups water to the bottom vessel of the puttu maker and allow it to simmer till hot. Place the round perforated disc with holes inside the puttu maker such that it fits well at the bottom of the mould. Place a layer of grated coconut at the bottom of the puttu maker. Carefully and slowly add about 6 tbsps of the puttu powder from a height followed by another layer of grated coconut. Again you can layer with 6 tbsps of puttu powder and finish off with 1 layer of grated coconut on the top. Place the lid over the puttu mould and place the mould over the bottom vessel of Puttu Maker.
Step 5: Steam it for 10 minutes.
Step 6: Serve hot with Ground nut (Kadala Curry), Green gram curry (Cheru payar), Cowpea ( Vanpayar ) curry or Mutta ( Egg ) Curry.
Fill the rice and coconut as loose layers. Add some ghee to yield soft puttu.
Ideal preparation time is about 2hr 10 minutes.
Ideal cooking time is about 10 minutes.
Choose Sri Bhagyalakshmi IR8 Raw Rice is used in rice based dishes like Idli, Dosa, Rotti, Rice Powder, Snacks and Masala Powders, Breakfast Cereals, Baking mixes, Bakery Dough, sweets.
Sri Bhagyalakshmi supplies the Excellent Super Quality IR8 raw rice for the past six decades.
1. Sortex cleaned IR8 Raw rice for best quality and hassle-free cooking.
2. Standardisation in procuring, processing and packing, leading to superior quality products.
3. Packed in hygienic conditions using automated equipment.
4. Packaged using superior quality bags for better handling, storage and ease of transportation.
5. Contract farming with excellent back-end integration, leading to consistency in quality.
6. Excellent supply chain management to meet market demands.