Cooking tips of Rice Pudding
Step 1: Combine steamed rice, 1 ½ cups of milk and salt in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until thick and creamy for about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir remaining ½ cup milk, 20 golden raisins, beaten egg and ½ cup of white sugar into the rice mixture; stirring continually. Continue cooking until egg is set, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat; stir butter and vanilla extract into the pudding.
Step 2: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch glass baking dish.
Step 3: In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup steamed rice, 2 ½ cups of milk, 3 large beaten eggs, ¾ cup of sugar, ½ cup of raisins, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, a pinch of salt into the prepared baking dish. Place baking dish in a large pan; pour water into the pan to a depth of 1-inch. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until lightly browned and set. Combine ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon and nutmeg; sift over top of pudding. Cool slightly and cut into squares to serve.
Ideal preparation time is about 5 minutes.
Ideal cooking time is about 1 ½ hr .
Choose Sri Bhagyalakshmi Steamed rice which can be used in sushi, pudding, cakes, desserts, casseroles and soup. Sri Bhagyalakshmi Steamed rice absorbs sauces better and Sri Bhagyalakshmi Foods has mastered the art of making the finest, high grade steam rice for the past six decades.
1. Sortex cleaned Steamed Rice for best quality and hassle-free cooking and impressive health benefits.
2. Standardisation in procuring, processing and packing, leading to superior quality products.
3. Packed in hygienic conditions using automated equipment.
4. Packaged using superior quality bags for better handling, storage and ease of transportation.
5. Contract farming with excellent back-end integration, leading to consistency in quality.
6. Excellent supply chain management to meet market demands.