Maida biscuits or the traditional simple salted Tukdi is a age-old indian snack. In South India Tukdi is a favourite snack prepared with the finest quality of Sri Bhagyalakshmi Madia made from superior quality wheat grains.
Maida Biscuits or Tukdi are generally an evening snack or made for occasions like festivals and events at home, and served to guests over a cup of tea or coffee.
Preparation of Maida Biscuits requires the best quality of ingredients and also skilled hands to ensure the consistency of the dough and the mixture of ingredients are perfect to ensure the snack is lip smacking!
Step 1: Take a cup of maida, sieve it and put it a big mixing bowl.
Step 2 : Add salt (as desired) to the flour. Add a teaspoon of ajwain or jeera in maida flour.
Step 3 : Add 1 tsp of oil and slowly add little water and start kneading and pound the dough and allow it stay for 30 minutes. Divide the dough into small balls and roll it into a thin roti of 7 inch diameter.
Step 4: Use a knife and cut the roti into desired shape into pieces of ½ inch. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the pieces till golden colour.
Step 5: Now the delicious Sri Bhagyalakshmi Maida biscuits or simple salted Tukdi is fried and ready to eat.
Ideal preparation time is about 30 minutes.
Choose Sri Bhagyalakshmi Maida for making Rotis, Namkeen, Bathura, bread, cookies and biscuits.
Sri Bhagyalakshmi Maida is patronised by most of the leading restaurants, cafe and 5 star hotels in South India, owing to the consistency in quality and excellent service, with a track record of over 4 decades.
Sri Bhagyalakshmi Maida is obtained from Processing the 100% superior quality Wheat. The less a grain or vegetable is processed, the more nutrients it retains. Therefore, Sri Bhagyalakshmi Foods bleaches the wheat either through exposure to heat or sunlight and NOT through chemicals and so it retains the original nutrients of the wheat. Sri Bhagyalakshmi Maida has lower gluten than most flours use for raised breads and biscuits, cookies and thus making it a healthier product compared to most others.
1. Sortex cleaned maida for best quality and hassle-free cooking and impressive health benefits.
2. State-of-the-art equipments used in maida processing mills.
3. Standardisation in procuring, processing and packing, leading to superior quality products.
4. Packed in hygienic conditions using automated equipment.
5. Packaged using superior quality bags for better handling, storage and ease of transportation.
6. Contract farming with excellent back-end integration, leading to consistency in quality.
7. Excellent supply chain management to meet market demands