Cooking tips of Matta Rice Upma
Step 1: Wash 2 cups of Matta Rice thoroughly in running water for about 3 - 4 times, till the water comes out clean. Keep this aside.
Step 2: Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pressure cooker. Add mustard seeds and when it crackles, add urad dal. When it turns colour, add 3 green chilli and an inch of grated ginger. Saute for a minute. Now add ground nuts and saute till slightly fried.
Step 3: Add 2 chopped onions and saute till it turns golden brown colour and add grated carrot and a cup of green peas. Next add the washed matta rice and salt. Mix well.
Step 4: After 1 minute, add 4 cups water and let it come to a boil. Close the lid and cook till 2 - 3 whistles or till the rice is cooked.
Turn off the heat and keep aside, till all the steam escapes on its own.
Step 5: Later, take off the lid and add grated coconut and finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
Serve it hot. Tips :
Add more grated coconut for garnishing to enhance the richness of the taste.
Ideal preparation time is about 1 hour.
Ideal cooking time is about 15-20 minutes.
Choose Sri Bhagyalakshmi Matta Rice is used for making Kondattam, Murukku, Idlis, Appams and other snacks.
Sri Bhagyalakshmi supplies the Most Aromatic, Highly valued Matta Rice for the past six decades.
1. Sortex cleaned Matta Rice for best quality and hassle-free cooking.
2. Standardisation in procuring, processing and packing, leading to superior quality products.
3. Packed in hygienic conditions using automated equipment.
4. Packaged using superior quality bags for better handling, storage and ease of transportation.
5. Contract farming with excellent back-end integration, leading to consistency in quality.
6. Excellent supply chain management to meet market demands.